Welcome to Raqs Mystique Festival! Registrate by sending us an email: email@example.com
1. Friday 11.00-13.00 How to dance live drum solo – Chronis Taxidis & Ebru Bekker, 2h Price: 45/ 50 EUR* The workshop concentrates on using 4 basic Arabic rhythms: Malfouf, Saidi, Maksoum Classic, Maksoum Fallahi with entrance, accents, shimmies and Finale where Ebru will teach you her unique modern style!
2. Friday 11.00-13.00 Oriental Tango Fusion – Ozgen, 2h Price: 35/40 EUR* Spice up your repertoire and learn some of the traditional Tango steps to the Oriental version of the popular Tango song, “La Cumparsita”. Ozgen fuses his past Tango dance experience with bellydance technique to create a passionate performance piece with lots of Tango characterization and Oriental sensuality.
3. Saturday 10.00 -13.00 Mejance with veil - technique and choreography. Chiara Saccomanno , 3h Price: 40/45 EUR
This choreography will be on a new music by Mohamed Shahin. The song FARHA is from his last album and it’s so emotional but at the same time full of percussions. We’ll begin in a kind and elegant way with a veil on malfoof, then masmoudi, 4/4 , maksoum, lyrics part and the song proposes also a mowashahat moment with samai and the voice is really very romantic!
4. Saturday 11.30 - 13.00 Sagat technique and rythms for advanced players - Chronis Taxidis, 1,5h Price 30/35 EUR*
5. Saturday 14.00 - 16.00 A dynamic tabla solo choreography by Ebru Bekker! Music by Chronis Taxidis, 2h Price: 35/40 EUR
6. Sunday 11.00-13.00 Feminine power Shaaby choreography - Chiara Saccomanno, 2h Price: 35/40 EUR*
The shaabi one is from a new song by the Lion of Egypt mr HAKIM . This choreography is a way to discover our femininity and sensuality, studying arab gesture and shaabi movements. Dancing like a real Egyptian !
Students will be given the translation of the lyrics !
7. Sunday 13.00 – 15.00 Turkish Gypsy dance, Roman Havasi - Ozgen, 2h Price: 35/40 EUR* Join Ozgen to learn the 9/8 rhythm of Turkish Roman dance. You'll explore some basic steps and broaden your understanding of the rhythm & cultural aspects of this lively dance. Ozgen invites you to find your inner Gypsy!
8. Sunday 15.00-16.00 Chronis - Lecture: History and categories of Arabic Music vol2, 1h 25/30 EUR
9. Sunday 16.00-17.00 Lecture about copyright of dance and music – Chronis Taxidis & Berit Vill, 1h – FREE!
REGISTRATION for performers(gala & open stage) and to workshops:
Register by sending us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then receive an email with payment instructions.
NB! Note that your place is secured only when your payment has reached us. Registrations are binding and no refunds are made unless the event is cancelled by the organiser.
FULL PASS - 13h, 200 EUR(includes all workshops and public tickets for Gala & competition )
*Workshop discount prices are valid until 1.march 2020
Copyright © 2020 Raqs Mystique